Friday, May 17, 2013

The Right Cheek

This I write while waiting for my friend to arrived..
U know just about this morning I have an argue with my hubbby. A serious one.
Regarding my friend's bad attitude.

U see, I have a friend since my junior high.
Since the day I met her we become inseparable.
We know each other's secret.
And we did a lot of things together.
Whatever happen in our life, no matter how humiliate the experience is, we talked about it and we don't feel shame.
All this time I always consider her as my best friends and I thought she feel the same way about me.

Until one day...
It's not just an ordinary day, it's my wedding day...and she didn't even come...
She said she have no money to buy ticket and travel to such distance and also have no day off left from her office.
I tried to understand and I didn't pushed her. Although the disappointment clearly written all over me.
But that the thing I hate about me.
I didn't have heart to push people to do what I want...I just let them break me and tear me apart.
And later that day I heard that she and her boyfriend and her friends will have a vacay abroad...
What?!! I thought she said she broken?
But there she is...have much money and time for vacay but not care about my big day

From that moment,
I realized that I have been wrong..
She is not a person I used to call best friend.
No.
She changed.

And now,
She had a little problem and need me by her side. I help her through the bad days.
Comfort her just like a friend should do.
And when I want to walk more miles, my hubby told me not to.
He said, did I forget how disappoint I was back day?
When she hurt me and she give no shit about me? Where is she when I need her?

Then I go silent.
Yes, I do still remember that scar
Yes I do remember how hurt I was
But yes I do remember the good older days
When we're together as a best of friends.
I never forget how we bonded.

If she did that things that break my heart and make me feel sad, I don't wanna do such things to her.
I don't wanna be same as her.
Just as Jesus said, "if someone slap u'r left cheek, give them u'r right cheek."
So instead of pay her what she did, I keep gave her my favor.
Coz that's what Jesus would do.

No comments: